Première fournée de weston
Appetizer sandwiches made with sardines and light rye bread
For 8 sandwich halves
- 2 cans of sardines
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Juice and zest of 2 organic lemons
- Ground salt and pepper
- 8 slices of toasted light rye bread
- 8 pitted green olives (or lemon-stuffed olives)
- 8 toothpicks or wooden food picks
- Drain and squish the sardines with a fork.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients, aside from the olives.
- Split the mixture evenly among 4 slices of toasted rye bread.
- Top each of those slices with another slice of toasted bread.
- Cut the sandwiches in half.
- Skewer one or two olives onto 8 food picks and stick one into each sandwich half.
- Arrange on a pretty platter and serve as an appetizer with a glass of dry white wine.