Première fournée de weston
Breakfast bread pudding with fresh fruit, ginger and orange zest
For about 6 servings
- 750 ml of dairy, soy or almond milk
- Zest of one organic orange
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 5-6 slices of bread cut into 1-cm cubes
- 125 ml of brown sugar
- 125 ml of dried dates or raisins, or fresh fruit, such as blueberries, cherries or raspberries
- 2 beaten eggs
- Heat the milk, orange zest and ginger until steaming.
- Butter an 8” baking dish and add the bread, brown sugar and fruits of your choosing.
- Slowly fold the hot milk in with the eggs, beating vigorously.
- Pour the hot egg and milk mixture onto the bread and mix well.
- Cook at 190°C for 35 minutes.
- Serve hot or warm.