Première fournée de weston
Croque-monsieur on light rye bread
For 8 croque-monsieurs
- Dijon mustard or pesto
- 8 slices of rye bread
- Grilled vegetables of your choice: eggplant, mushroom, tomato, bell pepper, spinach
- 1 tbsp. cold-pressed olive oil
- 15 ml of balsamic vinegar
- 8 slices of Serrano ham, prosciutto or another type of ham
- Cheese of your choice: grated old cheddar, bocconcini, goat cheese, etc.
- Fresh herbs: basil, oregano, chive, parsley
- Spread the store-bought Dijon mustard or pesto onto the bread.
- Sauté the vegetables in oil, then salt and pepper and add balsamic vinegar for flavour.
- Place a slice of ham and some cooked vegetables on each slice of bread.
- Add a bit of cheese on each slice and roast in a 200°C oven for 15 minutes.
- Broil for 2 minutes to brown the cheese.