Première fournée de weston
French onion soup
For 4 servings
- 6 onions, thinly sliced
- 30 ml of cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 L of broth
- 1 bottle of beer
- 5 ml of dried thyme
- Ground salt and pepper
- 15 ml of soy sauce or tamari
- 4 slices of toasted white bread
- Grated cheese
- Caramelize the onions in the oil for about 20 minutes in a large saucepan.
- Add the broth, beer and thyme. Salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into 4 oven-safe bowls, top each with a slice of toasted bread and garnish with grated cheese.
- Broil for 5 minutes or until the top browns.