Première fournée de weston
Gazpacho – cold Andalusian soup
For 4-6 people
- 1 can (796 ml) tomatoes
- ½ cucumber, peeled and diced
- ½ chopped red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 seeded red pepper, cut into small cubes
- 60 ml of Xérès vinegar
- 3 slices of cracked wheat bread
- 60 ml first cold-pressed olive oil
- Ground salt and pepper
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves
- Lime cut into wedges or cherry tomatoes for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and marinate in the fridge for 2-3 hours or an entire day.
- Use a blender for a silky texture.
- Add water if you find the gazpacho too thick.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve chilled.
- Garnish with a cherry tomato or a wedge of lime.